Best practice environmental management planning is incorporated into all phases of our projects, from development and exploration to eventual closure.
Central to this is extensive planning, both of individual projects and operations, and of our broader operating strategy. It also demands a true commitment to partnerships – working alongside community members and organisations at a local level, right through to developing new solutions and improving practices at an industry level.
We have a
commitment to true
Our approach to sustainability is shown in our company's Vision and Values:
New Hope is a successful diversified mining and energy business. We are proud of our achievements and care about people and the environment. We will deliver sustainable growth and enduring shareholder value through our people and quality assets.
Our core values underpin what we do and how we do it.
- Integrity - We are ethical, honest and can be trusted to do the right thing.
- Respect - We listen to our stakeholders and treat others as we expect to be treated ourselves.
- Accountability - We act in accordance with our obligations, deliver on our commitments and take responsibility for our actions.
- Safety - We share a mutual responsobility to prevent harm and promote wellbeing.
- Resilience - We strive to achieve long term sustainability by navigating through change and uncertainty.
- Success - We take pride in the achievement of our goals, being innovative and making a positive difference.
2016 ABA100 Winner of the Australian Business Award for Sustainability
New Hope Group’s unique approach to achieving a sustainable, economically productive and environmentally healthy post mine landscape has been recognised nationally by being awarded the 2016 ABA100 Winner of the Australian Business Award for Sustainability.
The award, which recognises organisations that execute initiatives demonstrating leadership and commitment to sustainable business practices, was a result of New Hope’s submission outlining how it integrates a unique combination of three activities into daily coal mining operations at its New Acland mine.
Those activities being;
- Scientific cattle grazing trials on rehabilitated mined land
- Environmental conservation, protection and improvement works to revegetate buffer zones along local waterways to create koala habitat and wildlife corridors, and
- The use of recycled water for mining activities
You can read more about these activities in New Hope's submission to the Australian Business Awards here.